January 02, 2007

Ahhh, January 2. I had the realization the other day that this decade is more than half over. When did this happen? Shouldn't it be like, 2002 still?

My friend Diana invited Bellan and I over for New Year's, along with a couple other girls from work. It was nice to get out of the apartment and have some human contact for a change! We had dinner, chocolate fondue, and a s'mores made with Diana's ultra cool Hershey's s'more maker set thingy. Because we're all dorks, we played Pictionary, Scene It, and Marry, Date or Dump? all night. I do believe I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I mean, it's just easier to try to draw a trojan horse as a condom!

We watched Dick Clark's countdown, and switched to the local coverage for the fireworks. It was sort of odd, watching them on television but being able to hear them. We also watched a bit of that after concert show that featured marginally talented performers, and Meat Loaf. Not that Meat Loaf IS all that talented, but compared to Fergie?...I just hope Fergie resolves to stop singing about her va-jay-jay in 2007. Nobody wants to hear it.

2 comments:

Andi said...

"Va-jay-jay!!!!" Oprah introduced me to that word the other day. Must start watching Grey's Anatomy. I'm so out of the loop.

Glad you had fun!

Heather said...

I love va-jay-jay, I learned it from Oprah too! I just can't get into Grey's Anatomy.