March 09, 2007

Another week spent in Purgatory, the company I work for. I was recently given a new responsibility, and as is their way instead of getting a raise I got a new desk. And while I relish the desk space, I hate being so close to my supervisor, who spends most of the day on the phone talking obnoxiously loud. I'm also now mere feet away from my work nemesis, who has yet to whine about the fact that I've been there 4.5 months and everyone likes and trusts me more than him. Ha!

In other news, I spent my Friday night waxing my legs. Yeah, nobody's cooler than me!

I've also decided that I want to re-read many of my favourite books. I always mean to, but I end up getting more and more books from the library, and never get around to it. So, I've made a list [and checked it twice!] and I'm posting it to keep me on track:

A tree grows in Brooklyn / Betty Smith
Practical magic / Alice Hoffman
Summer sisters / Judy Blume
East of Eden / John Steinbeck
Wuthering Heights / Emily Bronte
Alice's adventures in Wonderland / Lewis Carroll
Secret garden / Frances Hodgson Burnett
A little princess / Frances Hodgson Burnett
The pianoman's daughter / Timothy Findley
The great Gatsby / F. Scott Fitzgerald
The hobbit / J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the rings / J.R.R. Tolkien

There's more, I'm sure there is. All of my books are haphazardly piled in our spare bedroom, and I can't find half of the titles on the above list even though I remember packing them. Phoo!

3 comments:

meg said...

i love that your nemesis is actually a person, because mine is pants.

also- aaaah i painted my nails! i will email you with ridicuolus typos again soon.

Heather said...

Pants are high on my list too, but my number 1 nemesis is indeed a person.

You...painted your...nails? That's so confusing!

Andi said...

Ooh, enjoy your yummy list o'books!