February 14, 2007

Nine days since I've posted, and in those 9 days nothing happened. Wait, do I see a connection?!

Bellan and I don't do much for Valentine's Day, since it's a stupid holiday and our anniversary is right around the corner. I did get a card and some turtles, which I plan on hiding in empty egg shells [38234823540 points if you got that reference!].

My most memorable VD was the year my dad was in the hospital. He's always had bad lungs, and if you so much as coughed at him there was a high risk of him getting sick. That year he had the flu that turned to pneumonia, and had to spend a week in the hospital. I was probably 10 or 11, and didn't realize how serious it was. During dinner on Valentine's Day the doorbell rang, and a delivery man dropped two huge balloons--the kind with pennies taped to their feet to make them stay on the ground--one for me, one for my brother. Mine was a t-rex, and my brother's a giant heart in a tuxedo.

I kept the poor deflated dinosaur corpse in my closet for years afterwards.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I pretended V-Day didn't exist this year!

And I love your dinosaur corpse story! :)